Virginia Department of Education
News & Announcements
- November 15 – Virginia Announces New Educational Pathways for Early Childhood Teachers
- November 1 – Roanoke Elementary School Teacher Receives $25,000 Milken Educator Award
- November 1 – 59 Schools Earn Virginia Purple Star Awards for Meeting Needs of Military Children and Families
- October 29 – Pilot Program Supports First-Year Special Education Teachers
- October 25 – Virginia Students Top Nation on SAT
- October 16 – Virginia Students Outscore Nation on ACT
- Read all News Releases
2018-2019 School Accreditation
Virginia's new accreditation standards encourage continuous improvement for all schools. School Quality Profile reports show how schools performed on school quality indicators for academic achievement, achievement gaps and student engagement and outcomes.
Standards of Accreditation
Full text of 2017 SOA and communications resources on how the revised standards support continuous improvement for schools and college, career and civic readiness for students.
2019 Virginia Teacher of the Year
Rodney A. Robinson is the 2019 Virginia Teacher of the Year. Robinson is a 19-year veteran of Richmond Public Schools, and began teaching at Virgie Binford Education Center — a school inside the Richmond Juvenile Detention Center — in 2015.